If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Oklahoma Association of School Administrators (OASA) is pleased to announce Matt Simpson of Tushka Public Schools as the 2020 OASA District 17 Superintendent of the Year.
Simpson will be recognized at the Cooperative Council for Oklahoma School Administration (CCOSA) Summer Leadership Conference Virtual Experience on Thursday, June 4, 2020.
OASA annually recognizes outstanding administrators who:
• Demonstrate successful experience in top level educational administration.
• Have a sound, dynamic and realistic philosophy of education.
• Can inspire and motivate people and give support and recognition for the contributions of others.
• Have a record which evidences continued professional and personal growth through appropriate training and experiences including skills in human relations and the stamina to cope with the pressures of the job.
• Have the ability to speak for education on all levels with special emphasis on the district level.
• Have made contributions to educational administration.
“Selecting Administrators of the Year is always exciting,” said Dr. Pam Deering, CCOSA/OASA Executive Director. “I am especially proud of these awardees this school year who have faced more challenges than any of us could have expected.
“They have worked tirelessly to ensure the most success possible for their students and school communities. Matt Simpson is among some of the best Oklahoma administrators. We’re so proud to recognize his efforts.”
OASA has 20 Districts that consist of multiple counties. Eligible OASA members are nominated and selected by their peers in their OASA District.
Simpson began his public-school teaching career 23 years ago in Tushka where he was a high school science teacher for four years. He then served as the Atoka Middle School Principal for 1 year, before returning to serve as the Tushka High School Principal for 13 years.
In 2015, Simpson became Superintendent at Tushka Public Schools. In his 5-year tenure as superintendent, Tushka has experienced tremendous growth aided by overwhelming community support for the school system in recent bond elections, and in new programs being added each year.
“I am extremely humbled to be recognized by my colleagues as the District 17 Superintendent of the Year,” Simpson said.
“This is an honor I share with the entire Tushka School team and community. I am blessed to have the opportunity to lead this district, and I could not be prouder of the community, parents, teachers, and students of Tushka School.”