If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Please enter your email and we will send your username and password to you.
By Thelma Bledsoe
I had my first fire in my wood stove on Friday night and then again on Saturday morning and Sunday night. It is sorta scary when you light the first one after you have cleaned the flue and hope you did a good job. I have known of people who did not and they ended up with a fire inside the flue. The fire felt good. My son, Bryan, was in Lubbock on Monday morning and he woke up to ice and snow.
Roberta Green fell and broke her foot, but she is at home.
Alice Foran is home following back surgery. Keep her in your prayers as she recovers.
Clyde Frost spent a couple of days in the Atoka Hospital last week, he is back home.
We had a visit from Mary Birdsong and her daughter, Marcia, last week. They came by the Senior Center for awhile and also visited with Georgia Yates. They live in McAlester now.
There will be an auction at the old Houchin place, north of the Lane School, this Saturday. Everything goes, even the house.
All the news for this week, see you the next time, the Lord willing.
Remember, smiles are free so share them.